Education and Arts
Online and Instructional Design
Boojum's work for education and the arts is wide-ranging, from consultancy in the design of learning materials, to the analysis, design and build of websites and intranets.
Our work with the National Gallery of Victoria is mainly design consultancy:
- Web architecture for the new NGV website
- Learning design for the NGV's broadband innovation project, which included the Floating World, and Tradition and Transformation.
Boojum produced the website on New Literacies and Classroom Practice for the Upper Yarra Community House.
For the Department of Education and Early Childhood Development, Boojum developed the visual design and interface markup for the popular Victorian Premier's Reading Challenge.
A recent launch is the JEAA website and membership database. The JEAA (Journalism Education Association of Australia) works to raise the standard of teaching in journalism.
With Primary Schools
We value our work with Primary schools because it keeps us connected to the real world of kids and learning.
We are concerned at the volume of admin and reporting tasks that have been pushed onto Primary Schools. Sure, reporting has some role, but the real test of a school is the children visibly thriving in the care of wise and interested adults.
We offer online products and services for schools, developed in consultation with schools. Our aim is quite simple - to save them time and money. Our website for schools includes:
- protected areas for students and parents to find school information
- e-newsletter subscription
- online absentee reporting
- online excursion and permission forms.